The Romanian (Green)Tourism Fair 2015
Greentourism Ecological Association was happy to participate as an exhibitor and Romexpo partner in the Romanian (green)Tourism Fair, the most important tourism fair in Romania.
The Association had a 29 meter exhibition space and presented some interesting and actual activities in the context of implementing the strategy for sustainable development of tourism in the Carpathians:
1) “Green Amphitheatre” – a debate on sustainable development of tourism in the Carpathians, with students who choose careers in tourism followed by a short follow-up of previous editions and the Green Tourism Fair Award Ceremony for Romexpo; (12 March, at 12.00-16.00, Pav H3, Hall 1)
2) Conference “The Gold of Our Mountains” with focus on Carpathian transhumance, traditional mountain occupation with great potential for sustainable tourism development. Presentations:
– Sustainable tourism strategy of the Carpathians
– Vatra Valaha project – eco-ethno-socio cultural holiday village;
– Carpathian Transhumance a valuable resource for tourism .
(13 March, at 10.00-14.00, Pav H3, Hall 1)
3) GreenArts exhibition on “The Carpathian Treasures” – the first exhibition in Romania joining green arts and photography, which aims to promote natural and cultural heritage of the Carpathians.The exhibits were green artworks (Oshibana techniques and SeedsArt) made by GreenArts artists (Adela Talpes and Constantin Serban), photographs by Sebastian Puraci, special winner of “The most beautiful landscape in Carpathians” award in the International Photography Contest Go-Wild and also a unique collection of old embroidered pictures on “Folk costume in the Carpatho-Danubian area”. (March 12 to 15, Pav.C6)
You can see more pictures from the GreenArts exhibition here: http://www.greenarts.ro/expozitia-comorile-carpatilor-ttr-2015/