International Day of Action Against Dams and For Rivers, Water and Life
We celebrate the International Day of Action Against Dams and For Rivers, Water and Life was adopted by the participants of the first International Meeting of People Affected by Dams, March 1997 in Curitiba Brazil.
Representatives from 20 countries decided that the International Day of Action would take place on March 14 – Brazil’s Day of Action Against Large Dams.
The International Day of Action for Rivers have aim to raise all voices in unison against destructive water development projects, reclaim the health of our watersheds, and demand the equitable and sustainable management of our rivers.
Read the International Day of Action for Rivers blog to learn more!
Especially this year 2017, but not only, Greentourism Ecologic Association are focussed in next key areas:
(1) Green Economy – Inclusive and sustainable economic growth;
(2) Green Social – Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction;
(3) Green Environment – Resource efficiency, environmentally protection, biodiversity conservation and adapt to climate change;
(4) Green Culture – Common cultural values and heritage, unity in diversity;
(5) Green Friendly – Mutual people understanding, peace and security.
We have the aim to improve untill change the conservatory way of producing and consuming tourism services especialy in sensitive areas more then protected areas, including sensitive urban areas and tourism adaptation to climate changes and reducing tourism emisions.
More details about us, please find here!